Today is a holy day on the island of Bali. Balinese elders call it Sugihan Bali. It happened a few days before the Galungan celebration. The day where spiritual victory celebrated here. People may have any other interpretations, but Sugihan Bali means being rich inside. Here are the characteristics of people who have been rich on the inside.
1. Not really interested in showing off something on the outside, more interested in keeping it in the inside
2. Not interested in excessive competition, more interested in developing a sense of self-sufficiency within
3. Not interested in being called better than the others, more interested in maintaining inner peace
4. Dare to say goodbye to complaints, then become close friends with a smile
5. Pines grows on the mountains, coconuts grows on the beach. Both are different but both are happy as they are
6. Therefore, people who are already rich inside are not very interested in arguing
7. Everything has been stored neatly in the cupboard inside called the sense of sufficiency
8. Including being content with spiritual attainment. Not interested on being called have attain enlightened. Or even called holy.
9. The only thing that is not enough is the noble intention to serve as many beings in this world as possible
10. Wishing those who are sick may they can recover, wishing those who are sad, may they can be happy, helping those who want to divorce, may they fail to divorce, helping those who want to commit suicide so they do not commit suicide
11. Whatever happens, everything is embraced with deep gratitude. At the same time that is the most valuable inner wealth
Photo by Beau Swierstra on unsplash